Experiencing any type of accident often leads to frustration. At the Law Offices of Rudolph F.X. Migliore, P.C., we have special attorneys ready to make sure you get rightfully cared for and compensated for your medical and financial expenses, as well as pain and suffering.
What causes accidents?
Negligence from not showing proper care or caution, on the side of at least 1 party, is the cause of most accidents. It is the attorney’s job to assign liability to the party responsible for the accident or help you defend yourself.
What do I do if I get in a road accident?
- Bring your vehicle to a stop, pull over, and turn your hazards on
- Check yourself for injuries. Usually you are in shock and the extent of your injuries might worsen as time goes by
- Check on the well being of your passengers
- Call 911
- Exchange insurance information
- Get a police field report copy
- Take photos of the accident
- Gather witnesses at the scene of the accident
- Contact your insurance company
- Consider hiring a lawyer
What are the other types of accidents?
What do I do next?
- It is highly recommended to visit a hospital to check for injuries as soon as possible. Request an ambulance if you are injured or unsure about your injuries.
- Advise your passengers, if any, to do the same.
- Consult a lawyer if you sustained serious injuries.
Should I sue or settle?
When considering if you should go to trial, you may be offered a settlement. It is important to decide on whether you should go to trial or settle. To make this decision, you want to make sure you consider the advantages and disadvantages of going to trial and that you get the proper compensation for your injuries.
What is involved in my settlement?
When getting compensation, there are a number of fees that are filed and sorted through before you receive the remainder. The total compensation first goes through the insurance companies, followed by attorney fees and expenses. If you receive Medicare and Medicare provided for your treatment, the government will seek some reimbursement for expenses. The compensation that remains after this process will be awarded to you.
What if I do not have insurance?
If you do not have insurance, you may be subject to the law to be held accountable for not being insured. In this case, it is important to consult a lawyer.
How much is a law office consultation?
At the Law Offices of Rudolph F.X. Migliore, P.C. there is no charge for consultations. We value putting clients first. To us, making sure you understand the lawsuit process and your other options is of great importance to us. Give us a call today at (631) 543-3663 for a free consultation to speak with one of our many expert attorneys.
By Aleksandra Aronova