Law Office of Rudolph F. X. Migliore, P.C. Areas of Practice
Our Focus on General Practice Law
- Criminal Defense. All legal matters, especially criminal defense, require that you take every precaution to protect your legal rights. If you or someone you care about has been arrested or charged with a misdemeanor or felony, it is imperative that you retain legal counsel to speak on your behalf. Read more.
- Felonies. Due to the potential harm to human life and to protect the security of local communities, both courts and prosecutors often take a hard position on violent felonies cases. To successfully defend violent felonies, forensic evidence, admissions, written confessions, and witness statements all require careful consideration and investigation. Read More.
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents. On busy New York highways, car, truck, motorcycle and other motor vehicle accidents occur daily and most often happen when someone is distracted from their driving. A driver is at fault for negligence when his lack of attention causes an accident that causes serious injury or death. Read More.
- Churches and Non-Profits. Collaborating with pastors, church members and volunteers to improve the lives of troubled teens provides Mr. Migliore with a deep understanding of the issues the community, families and churches face. While fulfilling an important mission, churches, ministries and non-profit organizations, like any company, must deal with a variety of legal issues. Read More.
- Drug Offenses. Many drug abusers today are teenagers, who often start using drugs at very young ages. There are a multitude of reasons why today’s teenagers use drugs, from wanting peer group acceptance, to feeling a sense of emptiness in their lives. Unfortunately, drug abuse victimizes young adults from all demographics of Suffolk County, including upper, middle and lower class homes. Read More.
- DWI/DUI. Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is both a social and legal problem. Most people accused of drunk driving are hardworking, tax-paying citizens and generally have no other involvement with the law. Unfortunately, drunk drivers kill more people than all the murderers and robbers in the state combined. Read More.
- Juvenile Crimes. Juvenile law is an area of criminal law that deals with persons not of age to be held responsible for criminal acts. Family court deals with juvenile delinquency. Unlike the criminal justice system, which punishes adult offenders, the primary goal of the juvenile justice system is seeking rehabilitation. Read More.
- Probate, Estate Administration.While taking the steps necessary to map out a plan for the future may be often difficult, it is important for every adult to have a will or estate plan. This is not only to protect his or her assets, but also to protect loved ones. Without an estate plan or a last will and testament, the court will decide what happens to your estate and minor children when you are gone, rather than according to your wishes. Read More.
- Volkswagen Lawsuits. The pollution emitted by these four-cylinder diesel cars is dangerous in many ways. Nitrogen oxides are released in large amounts, which can intensify asthma and other conditions by up to forty times the standard level according to the EPA. Laws are enforced by the agency in order to protect our world and its inhabitants, and by Volkswagen releasing these fumes despite regulations many people are put at risk. Read More.
- Wage & Litigation. Since 2000, federal wage and labor lawsuits have increased by more than 400%, especially in the states of New York, California, Illinois, and Massachusetts. One cause of this may be the U.S. Department of Labor’s decision to increase the number of auditing investigators as well as initiate enforcement actions more frequently. Read More.