Law Office of Rudolph F. X. Migliore, P.C. Areas of Practice
Our Focus on General Practice Law
- Criminal Defense. All legal matters, especially criminal defense, require that you take every precaution to protect your legal rights. If you or someone you care about has been arrested or charged with a misdemeanor or felony, it is imperative that you retain legal counsel to speak on your behalf. Read more.
- Felonies. In order to protect local communities and the safety of individuals, both courts and prosecutors often take a hard stand against violent felony cases. Forensic evidence, admissions, written confessions, and witness statements are utilized to defend against violent felonies. Read More.
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents. Motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, occur daily on busy New York highways, and often happen when someone is distracted from driving. A driver is at fault for negligence when his or her lack of attention causes an accident that results in serious injury or death. Read More.
- Churches and Non-Profits. Collaborating with pastors, church members and volunteers to improve the lives of troubled teens provides Mr. Migliore with a deep understanding of the issues the community, families and churches face. While fulfilling an important mission, churches, ministries and non-profit organizations, like any company, must deal with a variety of legal issues. Read More.
- Drug Offenses. Many drug abusers are teenagers, who often start using drugs at very young ages. There are several reasons why today’s teens are using drugs, such as wanting peer acceptance and feeling a sense of loneliness in their lives. Drug abuse does not discriminate, and it victimizes young adults from all demographics in Suffolk County, including those from upper, middle, and lower class homes. Read More.
- DWI/DUI. Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is both a social and legal problem. Most people accused of drunk driving are hardworking, tax-paying citizens and generally have no other involvement with the law. However, driving while intoxicated can have serious consequences. Drunk drivers kill more people than all the murderers and robbers in the state combined. As a result, courts take this offense seriously, and therefore obtaining legal counsel is crucial. Read More.
- Juvenile Crimes. Juvenile law is an area of criminal law that deals with individuals not of age to be held responsible for criminal acts. Family court deals with juvenile delinquency. Unlike the criminal justice system, which punishes adult offenders, the primary goal of the juvenile justice system is rehabilitation. Read More.
- Probate, Estate Administration. Taking the necessary steps to plan for the future can be difficult, however it is important for every adult to have a will or estate plan. This not only protects his or her assets, but also protects loved ones. Without an estate plan or a last will and testament, the court will decide what happens to your estate and minor children when you are gone, rather than according to your wishes. Read More.
- Volkswagen Lawsuits. The pollution emitted by these four-cylinder diesel cars is dangerous in several ways. Nitrogen oxides are released in large amounts, which can intensify asthma and other conditions by up to forty times the standard level according to the EPA. Laws are enforced by the agency in order to protect our world and its inhabitants, and by Volkswagen releasing these fumes despite regulations many people are put at risk. Read More.
- Wage & Litigation. Since 2000, federal wage and labor lawsuits have increased by more than 400%, especially in the states of New York, California, Illinois, and Massachusetts. The U.S. Department of Labor’s decision to increase the number of auditor investigators and initiate enforcement actions more frequently may be the cause of this. Read More.